For Part 1 – Click here
Like last year, we used L&T’s one of employee benefits. This time we booked 4 days 3 nights stay in Sterling Resort, By the Lake, Kodaikonal. Resort is at good location with good amneities ( Kids activity, cycling, camp fire, trekking, fire ball…etc). Though all are paid activities, we can enjoy with proper trainers. Food is average and our comparative mind tried to compare with Sterling, Munnar food.
We got Classic room which is very old, broken tiles, no carpet and very small. I would rate 2.5 out of 5 scale. We used Resort Travel desk for sight seeing. They have group tour and Private tour. we took group tour with pickup / drop facitlity till Resort. We saw following places and Enjoyed quite a lot with drizzles / rain / snow ambient ( but rest of Tamil Nadu is under scorching summer).
1. Boat Club – Row bat with boatsman ( because Person should be more than 14 years to get pedal boat)
2. Cycling around Lake
3. Horse Riding
4. Few View points
5. Guna Caves (closed)
6. Pillar Rock
7. Kurinji Andavar Temple
8. Cokers Walk
9. Shopping place for choclates and personal care items
10. Few Falls ( just view and click)
11. Pine Forest
12. Two Park ( did not explore much)
13. Of course our Resort, it is full of flowers
Will continue Part 3 shortly.