We had Family Vacation to India’s one of the most visited Place which is Shimla, Kullu, Manali, Manikaran and Chandigarh. Himachal is really blessed with Mother Nature in many ways. Living there needs special survival skills which will be big minus for visitors.I Planned for 8Days / 7 Nights.
I planned to visit during March because
- Possible Less crowd due to exam time
- No Snowing ( hard winter less than Zero Deg cant be tolerated so easily)
- No Monsoon (Roads will be closed anonymously due to rock fall)
- Non Peak Season ( Hotel, Taxi and Flights will be cheaper)
- Last but not the Least, Anniversary gift to my beloved wife
- But Rohtang Pass will not be opened (:( ) until June
AirAsia aired promotional offer for Jaipur and Chandigarh during August 2014. My wife is not interested to go Jaipur due to Hot climate. Just reaping the promotional benefit, finally closed the deal of Total cost as Rs. 20000 for 3 persons which includes up & down from Chennai to Chandigarh via Bengaluru.
Boarding & Lodging
Goibibo aired their promotional offer for all Hotels across India with 45% discount. My Total cost of Hotel/Resort @ Shimla (2 Nights), Manali (4 Nights) and Chandigarh (1 Night) was Rs 19000.
During normal booking it would have been Rs.29000+.
Taxi for Local Sightseeing and Transfers
Since it is non peak season,I got a better deal of Total Rs 16000 which includes all transfer from my home. ( Home to Chennai Airport, Chandigarh to Shimla, Shimla Sightseeing, Shimla to Manali, Manali Sightseeing, Manali to Manikaran to Chandigarh, Chandigarh Sight seeing & Airport, Chennai Airport to Home). Travel partners are Great Himalayan Travels & Ola Cabs.
(PS: will share Photos and Tour Tips in next post)